- Entries for the TV5 Kannada “ Shortwood Awards” are open for everyone.
- The Short Film can be based on any subject or concept.
- The short film can be in Kannada, Kanglish or English language.
- The total runtime of the Short Film, including credits, should strictly be a maximum of 30 minutes.
- All content used in the short film must be either owned or licensed. If any copyrighted material is used in the film, the participant must have the relevant permission.
- Short films must be sent to the organisers through wetransfer, dropbox or physical drives/DVD . YouTube links are not accepted.
Please send in your films( not more than 1 GB in size) to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it at TV5 kannada office, Kumarapark west, Bangalore – 560020
- Only Short Films produced after 1st August 2017 are eligible for the festival.
- The Entry Fee is INR 1000 per film. Multiple entries from the same participant are accepted, but each film must be accompanied by a separate registration form and entry fee.
- TV5 Kannada/ Shriya Media/ Dyaan Media reserves the rights to copy or use the material submitted by the participants in any form, online or offline, for the festival’s promotional and archival purposes. Films once submitted would not be returned to the film maker.
- The short films that are selected for final screening will not be allowed to withdraw under any circumstances until the festival is over.
- Jury decision will be final and binding.
- Festival Organizers and TV5 Kannada/ Shriya Media / Dyaan Media reserve the right to change / modify / alter any rule or its part or event of this competition any time.
The organisers TV5 Kannada/ Shriya Media / Dyaan Media do not hold any copyrights to the short films submitted. All rights/permissions for any copyrighted material should be obtained by the film makers and its producers. Photocopies of the permission obtained should be submitted to the organisers of Shortwood awards.
Ideally , the film format should be Full HD 1920/1080p suitable for theatre filming.
TV5 kannada reserves the digital rights to the short films broadcast on their Youtube official channel.
SPECIAL NOTE TO ALL FILMMAKERS
Vulgarity, Obscenity in the film content will not be accepted and will lead to disqualification. You lose the right to screen your respective film during the short film festival.
Duplication of films is illegal and will directly lead to disqualification.
Multiple entries from an individual are acceptable with separate fee for each submission.
Decision of JURY would be final and binding. We do not encourage any kind of malpractices during the short film festival/Awards. TV5 Kannada Has all the rights to Change the terms and conditions without prior notice to the film producers.
The Film maker/s/ producers owns the sole rights and copyrights to their films and continue to hold all copyrights to their material aired on the channels and on their social media platforms(Youtube, facebook, twitter ) and shall hold and continue to hold Broadcaster/Event organisers ( TV5 kannada, Shriya Media, Dyaan Media) fully indemnified without any limit against any claim, cost, expenses, damages, and /or penalty that film maker/s/producer may suffer on account of their short films
are aired on the channel.
The Film maker/s/Producer further declare and affirm that nothing in the short film infringes the Copyright or any other right of any third party and that there are no claims, actions or proceedings, pending or threatened, affecting the short film. or the title thereof.
BROADCASTER/ event organisers acknowledge that all the commercial and technical data, information,documentation made available by the film maker/s/producer is the intellectual property of film maker/s/producer and further that the Film maker/s/Producer is the absolute owner/ registered user of all trade marks, trade names, copyright, designs, artistic works in the data, information, documentation and other work made available or communicated or provided by the
film maker/s/producer to the BROADCASTER/ event organisers.